This recipe is an adaption from a recipe found on Sharing the Food we Love.
- 150g kale, trimmed (or spinach and rocket mixture)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked mixed Quinoa
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf coriander leaves
- 500g haloumi, finely sliced
- coconut oil to fry haloumi
Smokey lemon dressing:
- 2 tbl sp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbl sp olive oil
- Cut kale it into large pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour over some boiling water and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry on absorbant paper. Toss the kale with the quinoa, onion and coriander.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium to high heat. Heat the coconut oil in the pan, and cook haloumi for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Place haloumi over salad.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a bowl and combine well. Once made drizzle over the pre made salad.